There is no mistaking it, winter is here and with it comes cold nights in with a home cooked meal and of course a BIG glass of red! What? You forgot the red!? Get yourself down to the Lalla Rookh Wine Store and grab a bottle at our special takeaway prices. Here are my favourites from our winter selection...
5 Best Winter Reds to Drink at Home
1. Michael Hall ‘Sang De Pigeon’ Shiraz 2013, Barossa Valley S.A. $25
Full bodied, ripe and satisfying. Like getting a hug from an old friend (an old friend who gets you plastered!).
2. Si Vintners ‘Red’ Cabernet, Malbec, Petit Verdot 2014, Margaret River W.A. $25
Bright, crunchy purple fruits and sweet spice all wrapped up in leather and bay.
3. S.C. Pannell ‘GST’ Grenache, Shiraz, Touriga 2013, Mclaren Vale S.A. $30
Stevie’s take on the Southern Rhone staple of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre. The temp adds its own character of spice and although the wine is full it's still very fresh.
4. Isole E Olena Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany ITA $35
Classic Sangiovese. Dark toned, spicy and with delicious rustic tannin make this a real winter slurper!
5. Pierre de Prunet ‘Cuvee Particuliere’ Rose 2014, Languedoc FRA $25
Controversial to suggest a Rose in winter you say? Well not only does Rose make a great summer red but it makes an even better winter white!
Subscribe to get regular Lalla Rookh updates.